Ragging in any form inside or outside the college is banned and in order to have the peaceful atmosphere in and around the College, Canteen, Library and Hostels, an Anti-Ragging Committee with the faculty and staff members are constituted.
College Anti Ragging Committee
|S. No||Name of the Committee Member||Designation|
|3||Prof.CH.Srinivasa Rao||Head i/c,Civil Engg||Member|
|5||Dr.C.Neelima Devi||Head i/c,ME||Member|
|6||Prof.K.C.B Rao||Head ,ECE||Member|
|9||Prof.S.Kalesha Vali||Head,BSS & HS||Member|
|10||Dr.V.S.Vakula||Officer In-charge of Hostels||Member|
|12||Deputy Register/Assistant Register||Member|
|13||Smt.T.Satya Manga Devi||Circle Inspector-Rural-Police Station,Vizianagaram,(Ph.9121109427)||Member|
|14||Sri.Jaya Krishna Polubothu||President,Rotary Club,Vizianagaram,(Ph.9346440716)||Member|
|16||Mr.P./Neeraj||Student(II B.Tech,Mechanical Engg)||Member|
|18||Ms.T.Bhargavi Devi||Student(I.B.Tech,Metallurgical Engg)||Member|
College has taken various precautions as per AICTE / UGC Norms to prevent ragging and ensure 100% no-ragging.
- Formed Anti Ragging Committee consisting of faculty and staff members.
- Committee has taken steps and allotted duties to all the staff members at almost all areas in the college and Hostels (i.e. Departmental Buildings, Canteen, Library, parking places, play grounds, Hostels etc.) to avoid ragging activities.
- Wide canvassing about anti-ragging, is being done in the forms of display of Flexi banners, Meetings, and Boards in college, Canteen, Hostel premises and surrounding areas where there is a chance of ragging.
- Awareness programmes were conducted in the form of meetings to the students.
PROHIBITION OF RAGGING
- Ragging is prohibited as per Act 26 of A.P. Legislative Assembly, 1997
- Ragging entails heavy fines and / or imprisonment.
- Ragging invokes suspension and dismissal from the College.
- Outsiders are prohibited from entering the hostels without permission.
- Girl students must be in their hostel rooms by 9.00pm.
- All the students must carry their Identity Cards and show them when demanded.
- The Principal and the Wardens will visit the hostels and inspect the rooms any time.
- Suspended students are debarred from entering the Campus except when required to attend enquiry and to submit an explanation.
PROHIBITION OF RAGGING IN
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ACT 26 OF 1997
- Ragging within or outside any Educational Institution is prohibited.
- Ragging means doing an act which causes or is likely to cause insult or annoy or fear or apprehension or threat intimidation or outrage or injury to a student.
Nature of Ragging
Teasing, Embarrassing and Humiliating.
Imprisonment upto 6 months or fine upto Rs.1,000/- or both.
Assaulting or using Criminal Force or Criminal Intimidation.
Imprisonment upto 1 Year or fine upto Rs.2,000/- or both.
Wrongfully Restraining or Confining or Causing Hurt.
Imprisonment upto 2 years or fine upto Rs.5,000/- or both.
Causing grievous hurt kidnapping or raping or committing unnatural offence.
Imprisonment upto 5 years and fine upto Rs.10,000/-
Causing death or abetting suicide.
Imprisonment upto 10 years and fine upto Rs.50,000/-
- A student convicted of any of the above offences, will be dismissed from the college.
- A student imprisoned for more than six months for any of the above offences will not be admitted in any other colleges.
- A Student against whom there is prima-facie evidence of ragging in any form will be suspended from the college immediately.
- The full text of Act 26 is placed in the College / Library