Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is an integral part of JNTUK University College of Engineering Vizianagaram, aims at bringing out the technical and inherent talents of the young and budding Engineers. The Department was established in the year 2007 which proffers a four year B.Tech. degree program with an intake of 60 students. With a vision to create the engineers as technical intellects, the department offers Post Graduation (M.Tech.) degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the year 2009 with an intake of 25.
The department of Computer Science and Engineering will see that the students from the department are adepts in adapting themselves to ever changing concepts and innovations with the belief that technology makes it possible to gain control over every realm of human life today. The mission of the department to impart knowledge of the subject accompanied with a high sense of integrity and commitment to the tasks, intended to promote the all round development and well being of humanity as a whole.
To achieve academic excellence in Computer Science and Engineering by imparting comprehensive knowledge to the students, promoting research activities and professional ethics
to outfit the ever changing industrial demands and societal needs.
- To produce the best quality Computer Science professionals by imparting quality teaching and learning process, training and value education.
- To strengthen links with industry through partnerships and collaborative developmental works.
- To attain self-sustainability and overall development through Research and Consultancy activities.
- To inculcate work ethics and commitment in students for their future endeavors to serve the society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) :
- PEO 1: The graduates of the Program will be prepared for their careers in the software industry, public sector or pursue higher studies and continue to develop their professional knowledge.
- PEO 2: The graduates will acquire capability to apply their knowledge of computer science and engineering to solve real world problems using latest technologies
- PEO 3: The graduates will inculcate in professional attitude, inter-disciplinary approach, ethics and ability to relate computer engineering issues with social awareness.
- PEO 4: The graduates of Computer Science & Engineering will have soft skills to adapt to the diverse global environment through lifelong learning.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO 1: Able to apply the knowledge of programming languages, data structures and algorithms, data science, networks and software engineering principles for software product development.
- PSO 2: Able to analyze and formulate solutions to real world and socially relevant problems over multidisciplinary domains by using latest technologies.
- PSO 3: Able to be a technically competent employee, researcher, entrepreneur, excel in competitive exams and zest for higher studies.